Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put 45-50% tint on the drivers and passengers side windows. The passenger side is starting to peel a little from the bottom now, even though I made sure the tint went below the little rubber piece into the door. On the drivers side, I have already replaced it once due to it peeling at the bottom. Now, my replacement piece is peeling. Is there something in the door that is causing this? I have tinted all my car windows for 20 years and never had a problem. Usually I go with a darker tint but here in NC we have to pay extra to have it tested each time our car is inspected, thats why I went with a light tint, but now I am thinking its a thinner piece of tint and therefore easily peeled back by the door.

Anyone else experienced this????

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
U may be right, I got my tint off ebay, one of those pre-cut deals. I was thinking since its not as dark, it was thinner but bottom line, it may just be cheap tint. I give it at least a day or two in the sun before rolling down the windows so I dont think thats the problem.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dang, a week? After two attempts with this window, Im thinking I just may pay someone to do it for me, then if it peels, I can take it back to them.

Anybody know what they typically charge for just the two windows, my back window is doing fine.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool, I appreciate everyones responses. I believe I will just get it done by someone who does it all the time. I will also wait at least a week before rolling down the windows. Maybe its a combination of cheap tint, only paid around 10 bucks for the two windows, and me rolling down the windows too soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.