Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips or tricks on how to remove windshield wiper marks. All across my front glass I have windshield wiper marks and it distorts headlights and taillights really bad. And I have trouble seeing clearly sometimes

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,426 Posts
#1 reason for winshield wiper scrathes: turning on the wipers without cleaning the sand, dust and debris that settles on the windshield and lays against the wiper blades. If you don't clean your windshield under the resting wiper blades regularly you get scratches.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,426 Posts
You can try something like this:
Product Font Rectangle Screenshot Operating system

Personally I've tried some and they didn't work.

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
631 Posts
Short of using car cut and polish, you could always try super fine steel wool. My friend does window tinting and he uses it to clean the glass of all contaminants before applying the tint film.

For scratches probably some polish or wax.
Cap Grey Headgear Woolen Wool

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT Red Currant, 2022 Forte GT Sporty Blue
50 Posts
Short of using car cut and polish, you could always try super fine steel wool. My friend does window tinting and he uses it to clean the glass of all contaminants before applying the tint film.

For scratches probably some polish or wax.
View attachment 85485
this works, just be sure to use type 0000 or you risk scratching it worse

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
320 Posts
This happened on my old Volvo. I ended up just replacing the windshield, since it was quite bad on that car.

Reactions: ForteGT2

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte LX
528 Posts
How did the scratches get there in the first place? Did you buy it that way or just neglect to replace your wiper blades until it was too late? I agree with Arith that if they're LIGHT scratches, you might be able to get them out with the steel wool or a Brillo pad. If they're deep, about the only thing you can do is what edmoiler13 said. What state are you in? Some states have a law that says if your vision is impaired by cracks or scratches in the windshield, that your insurance company has to pay for you to have a new one. Check with your insurance agent and he can't tell you, call the Dept of Commerce and Insurance for your state. They SHOULD know.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
320 Posts
Insurance took care of mine. Not sure if that's why - I didn't look all that closely. I think there's something like that. Call your agency to verify. I think my agency will replace windshields with cracks or other damage that impairs either structure or vision like once or twice a year for free iirc.

Reactions: Arith

·
Registered
551 Posts
Depending where you are, you'll get all kinds of scratches and little pockmarks. Our winters, with sand and gravel and salt being sprayed, you'll get all sorts of tiny blemishes on your windshield. I just treat myself to a new windshield every 100,000 km or so (62000 mi). If your car is a 2014, it's 8 years old, not too early to replace a windshield. ForteGT2 is right. I lift my blades every day, to shake off the dust and other particles accumulating at the wiper blade lip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts