Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

When I bought my EX last December, I did not even think aobut that this sensor is not included on the unit.
My old Civic 2002 had this and the old VW Golf 1996 had this sensor.

Almost had an accident during a snow/slash melting evening hwy driving.
After this event, I went to the dealer to have the light or sensor be fixed, to only find out that the unit did not have this sensor, while it has hi-tech bluetooth voice activation system...

I just wondering if anyone has done this mod or did some one found out about this.
Much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Haha it sucks I know.
While this car has a very advanced stereo, that's the most technologically advanced thing in the car!
There are no temperature gauges, no pressure gauges, all just on/off lights that tell you when something is about to blow up.
We don't have a "low oil" gauge, but a "no oil" light. Makes no sense.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, not nice at all..... I strongly believe they are saving much more money this way..... way to cut cost down.....
Thinking about changing it for the ptima or Elantra...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Been talked about:

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/forte-koup-general-discussion/5670-no-low-washer-fluid-indicator-light.html

It's good to read the owners manual so you know what the vehicle has and does not have. You can then check it every few months as you do the other fluids. I usually check mine when I change the oil.

I guess since they installed a nice radio they could then install everything less technical. Though, I'm not sure where that would ever end. That is, while it might be nice for some people to have a fluid low indicator, your reasoning that the vehicle should have everything less advanced then the radio is flawed.

Questions... did the radio help sell you on the vehicle? Would you have not bought the vehicle knowing it did not have a low washer fluid indicator? Which means more to you?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hmmm

There are no temperature gauges, no pressure gauges, all just on/off lights that tell you when something is about to blow up.
We don't have a "low oil" gauge, but a "no oil" light. Makes no sense.
I have a Canadian SX Forte 5. One of the trip computer displays is engine temperature. As for the oil light it should come on long before you have no oil left in the engine. What leads you to believe that it doesn't come on until there is no oil in the engine?

Mark

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,820 Posts
I miss the blinker fluid and elbow grease warning lights too...wonder if Kia will ever add these...and the gray poupon dispenser.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I miss the blinker fluid and elbow grease warning lights too...wonder if Kia will ever add these...and the gray poupon dispenser.
Lol!

For now an UltraGauge/ScanGauge II will have to do I suppose.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I use the washer fluid all the time... I fill up every other week ( I buy my washer fluid at walmart)

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I'm almost out of the stock crap. I use way too much just to use it. :p
Got me a bottle of non-environmentally friendly Bug Wash to replace it. Been using that stuff for years in my parent's cars. Does wonders on bug guts! ($1.77/gallon at Wally World!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts