spot light

soon i'm getting:

road flares
hand warmers

any other ideas?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Good start. I always keep a fold-up shovel in my trunk. Just to clear any annoying snow from the wheels. or if i'm stuck i'll put the shovel under the tire for traction. I also carry a small back of road salt in case it gets icy and there's ice surrounding my tires. I had a friend who tried to move his car after an ice storm without clearing away the ice around the tires and one of the tires actually popped off the rim.....lesson learned.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Agreed with the shovel, but i'm more... overkill. I carry a little iron square one instead of plastics ones which i usually break after 3 or 4 uses...

here's mine...
- Jumper Cables
- ice scraper on snow brush
- The shovel.

ah... yes...
- Patience and winter driving habits...

·
Registered
288 Posts
I carry a proper 1/2" drive breaker bar, no way those lug nuts are going to become unstuck in the winter with the dinky tools they give you. I've been meaning to put the glass hammer / seatbelt cutter in the car but I forgot where I put it.

Crank powered radio might be a good idea too. Maybe also a blanket?

·
Registered
519 Posts
my winter kit:

a 4x4 truck lol i dont trust this thing in the snow, too small[/QUOTE

I am seriously debating buying a winter truck after the way it handled the snow in ny yesturday.... Kinda scary

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
How about one of those reflective blankets to keep heat in...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Only additions I'd make would be a shovel and a bucket of salt/cat litter.

That said, I haven't gotten any of my winter stuff (besides the brush scraper and the spotlight) out yet.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Have good winter tires ? Seriously... mine is like a tank...

ya i have looked into them but im planning on getting rims in the spring and i dont wanna waste money on them lol

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you plan on getting rims in the spring keep your all-season stock tires and put the winter tires on the stock rims. Then you have an easy swap each winter and spring/summer.

·
Registered
519 Posts
If you plan on getting rims in the spring keep your all-season stock tires and put the winter tires on the stock rims. Then you have an easy swap each winter and spring/summer.

ya but i wanna try and make it through this winter so all my money goes to rims and then next winter get winter tires

·
Registered
28 Posts
My winter kit includes booster cables, tow strap, emergency triangles and flares, 8-hour glow sticks, waterproof matches, candles, compass, hot packs, blanket, soft warm gloves, -40 mittens, neck warmer and toque (or balaclava), my elmer fudd hat with ear protectors, and an extra pair or two of socks.

not pictured are leather gloves, a small shovel, a hatchet, a bag of kitty litter, a jerry can of gas, some candy bars and non-perishable foods like tuna, beans, etc.

I also always carry a gps and a cell phone so that I can give someone my lat-long so they can find me.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Move to Southern California???? LOL :D:D:D:D

LOL LJ, my thoughts exactly!

Seriously a shovel some candy bars, a candle, matches, an old rubber car mat, the bigger the better. I use one if I'm stuck, you can lay it down for traction.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
I had chrome valve caps on my tires, my service advisor replaced them with plastic ones. Apparently mine didn't have a rubber grommet inside, and if water, ice and salt get inside they become nearly impossible to remove. No need to have extra problems in the dead of winter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts