Kia Forte Forum banner

Winter problem.. anyone else?

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  justdpot2001 
#1 ·
Hey folks, I've noticed on a pretty regular basis my windows freeze and can't go down

Anyone else have that?

As annoying as it is that I can't do drive thru, its more annoying getting the look of death from a cop as he walks up to your dark tinted car and you fling the door open

#3 ·
I've had the same problem, but was able to fix it with some silicone lube. Take a spray can of silicone based lubricant (insert jokes here), put a squirt on your finger, and run your finger along the weatherstripping where the window sits when fully closed. Do this several times to get a good coating on there and it pretty much eliminates the problem. You can spray it directly on there if you want, but it just becomes a pain to clean off the excess.

#5 ·
You want to put the silicone lubricant along the top window moulding where the window hits when fully up. That is the usual spot that causes windows to freeze shut as it only requires a small amount of moisture to get in there and freeze the window shut. So, like I said, just use your finger to get plenty of it in, on and around that area. Let me know if it helps! :)

#6 ·
It sounds like his window is freezing along the door/window seal since he can open his door (to talk to the cops) which he wouldn't be able to if it was frozen to the seal at the top.

Unless he meant he flings open the door because it was stuck closed due to window freezing on top seal... If that was the case why not free the door before going through the drive through? and before the cop fully stops behind you so you don't freak him out? :)

#7 ·
Toushe'. A little lube at the bottom seal couldn't hurt either.

#9 ·
The problems we have

Well how about the window rolling up to far? Has any one had this ishue. my window does not stop it rolls up to far and snags the plastic trim. All I can think of is the molding that attaches the mirror is made out of a craptastic plastic silicone that streaches. Anyone else or just me? That and the rear defroster already crapped out. No scratches or anything on any of the heating strips, just stopped working.:mad:

#10 ·
Well how about the window rolling up to far? Has any one had this ishue. my window does not stop it rolls up to far and snags the plastic trim. All I can think of is the molding that attaches the mirror is made out of a craptastic plastic silicone that streaches. Anyone else or just me? That and the rear defroster already crapped out. No scratches or anything on any of the heating strips, just stopped working.:mad:
It must either misaligned or a stop is not working. As for the rear defroster not working, check for a bad fuse(inside the car, not the main fuse box in the engine compartment). Maybe you'll get lucky and it's just a fuse.

#11 ·
Checked the fuse today still not the ishue. I turned it on to see if it would work today and it did kind of not putting out as much heat as usual. I just got the windows tinted im going to be very very upset if they do have to replace it and will make them replace the tint as well.lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.