Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So winter is coming and I have my stock rims sitting in the garage waiting to be laced with some winter rubber.

Kia sent me this offer via email:

Not sure if its a good deal or not depending on their per tire prices.
But what brand should I go with?? Goodyear, Toyo, Hankook or Kumho? What are your opinions??

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool and I'll check them out. And dang maybe I'll have a chat with Kia Canada and see why Ontario isnt 4 for 2 right now

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went in today and got me some Pirelli's, they told me it would take 2 hours, I went in 4 hours later and they still weren't done. Then the tires finally arrived at the dealership and then they couldn't get them on the rims because of the low profile and said they don't have the right machine to do it. Weaksauce...

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I got blizzaks from tire rack. went to walmart couple of days later and got them mounted.

took them 30 minutes, and it was perfect

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it took them 3 days to mount the tires, they couldnt so it themselves so they took it to some place to get done.... and charged me what that place charged them, and then charged me for putting them on the car at the dealership, this is the last time the dealership does anything non-warranty related....

·
Registered
21 Posts
How much is everyone paying for tires + installation?

This Fn company is requiring emp. leased cars to put winter tires on and they won't even reimburse you. wtf.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
$1326, but I'm going to be fighting a few of these frivolous charges, cause fuck that shit. Also I didn't get the 4 for 3 deal because they were pirelli's. They didn't tell me that until after they installed them and everything was done so I ended up spending $280 before tax on the 4th one. Mofos. They look like hacks on this. Wouldn't wanna go golfing with them.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well it took them 3 days to mount the tires, they couldnt so it themselves so they took it to some place to get done.... and charged me what that place charged them, and then charged me for putting them on the car at the dealership, this is the last time the dealership does anything non-warranty related....
$1326, but I'm going to be fighting a few of these frivolous charges, cause fuck that shit. Also I didn't get the 4 for 3 deal because they were pirelli's. They didn't tell me that until after they installed them and everything was done so I ended up spending $280 before tax on the 4th one. Mofos. They look like hacks on this. Wouldn't wanna go golfing with them.
That's crazy. Is that price just for the tires or did you also buy winter rims? Did they tell you before hand that they would have to take the tires somewhere else and did you agree to it? Did you already pay for the tires at that point? I would have told them not to install the tires and walk out without paying or told them to keep the tires and demand a refund. If I really wanted the tires that bad, I would have paid for them and brought them to a place that knew what they were doing and had the equipment to do it. Anytime I ever hear a dealership or body shop say "we have to take your car somewhere else to get the work done", I say "no thanks" and walk out.

Not to defend the price you were charged from the dealership but the ad does not mention anything about the deal applying to Pirelli tires. The labour charges is probably where they ripped you off. Did you see a copy of the invoice that the other place charged your dealership or are you just taking their word for what they claim they were charged? I mean how expensive can it be to mount some tires and bolt them on? My mechanic charges me $80 no tax to install all tires on rims, balance and mount. I even thought that was a bit expensive but I don't mind giving him a little bit of business once in a while as he really gives good prices on major types of work. The gas station down the street charged me $25 plus tax to take off my all seasons and put on my winter tires (already on rims and balanced).

Never give a dealership the power to be a middle man of sorts because they will stick it to you. Good luck fighting those ridiculous charges because you definitely got shat on by the stealership.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts