Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Do you see any problems for the winter if i get my car lowered ?
This crossed my mind living here in Buffalo. I think it could end up being disastrous.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm,it would be nice to ear some who are living in snowy regions aand had their car lowered.

·
Registered
519 Posts
i had a grand prix that was lowered and i didnt have that hard of a time getting thru snowy areas other than then the snow plow pushed all the snow to the bottom of my driveway i had to shovel it outta the way because feared my bumper would turn into a plow lol... but if you have the extra cash id get coil overs because you can adjust the ride height.... lower for summer stock height for winter

·
Registered
350 Posts
lol. a 1 inch drop will in no way cause problems for you in the winter.

my jetta is on coilovers, i can only get like 1 finger under it. that causes problems in the winter.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
I'll be installing some good snow tires when that season arrives.

On extreme days (snow storms), I think any front wheel drive car will struggle a bit. The car being 1 inch lower will not make that much of a difference between making it through snow or not.

The driving enjoyment I get everyday from this lowered Koup easily outweighs the amount of struggle I may experience if I drive it in a snow storm.

If your area receives a fair amount of snow storms throughout the season and roads are not cleared very quickly, then I understand your concern.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I know I'm spoiled living here in Daytona Beach, FL (as far as snow problems anyways), but I doubt that the amount of drop with these springs is going to effect badly with the snow.
Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Do you see any problems for the winter if i get my car lowered ?
You need snow tires on all 4 wheels . You will pack more snow/slush/ice in the wheel-wells and the front air-dam will plow more snow if your in the deep stuff but getting around safely won't be a problem .

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts