Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Word is that because of the larger brakes on an SX you have to go with a minimum of 16" rims.
Yup, that's what I've been told as well.

There ARE 16" steelies out there, but since I'm re-financing my house I decided to splurge a bit and order the "Star" OEM alloys with the Falkens preinstalled.

Not great, but nice enough. Snow tire season runs from late Oct to perhaps early April up in this part of the world. That's a huge chunk of the year to be running on ugly rims...

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
hey guys,

is there a concern for the koups with the R package, especially those that are lowered in the winter? Thinking of getting a body kit (R or not), but worried about how it will be once the snow piles on, dont want to have the kit damaged or anything...
I guess that depends a lot on where you are and how much snow you get.

I'm in the far north of Canada, and while it isn't super cold ALL winter, we don't get enough daylight to melt the snow away, so once it's here, it's here until April. It builds up, and gets rutted and some of the sidestreets never get plowed. WICKED ruts and potholes.

And, so, I won't be doing a body kit or any lowering.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
i put the stock sx wheel with hankook ice pick and the same as stock size tires and the koup is amazing on snow and ice... we have 6 inches of snow already
6"? Really? Man, I'm in the freakin' YUKON and we've barely got a trace!

Kia Canada was offering wheel/tire packages, and I picked a nice set of 5-spoke gray alloys with Falken snow tires... should have pics tomorrow...

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Thunderbuck: How cold is it in Yukon at this time of the year ?
Today, it's reasonably sunny and high 30s F. We almost always have a decent dump of snow on the ground for Halloween, so I'm bracing myself.

We're a fair ways north, but we're less than 200km from tidewater at Skagway, Alaska, so the winters are noticeably milder than, say, Winnipeg's. It's just FREAKIN' dark. Need those HIDs soon!

Just got my baby back with it's new winter booties (AND 2-way remote start!)... will post pics soon!

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
...and my baby with her new winter booties!

I'm thinking these wheels look nicer than the OEMs...

Now, they're 16s, and the Falken Espias are a bit noisier than my OEM Eagles, but it is a smoother ride...

The wheels are specifically built as winter alloys. Here's the link.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.