Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
I got a set of 205/55/16's from Canadian tire. They are goodyear nordics and I paid $60 and $120 per corner on steelies and tires!!!!! After taxes and m+b it was $900 and change. I haven't put them on yet but I have felt them on other vehicles and they are pretty grippy on even the slickest of ice. But then again I have always driven on all seasons until now so my opinion is kinda jaded.
900$ for nordics + wheels ? Ouch...

May I suggest NOT going to Canadian Tire the next time you need tires? ;)

Thunderbuck: How cold is it in Yukon at this time of the year ?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Currently it's +2 in Whitehorse, zero in Edmonton and -3 in Regina... so yeah... you really have no grounds to complain about the winters in the Yukon!! hahaha

I realize that in a few months you'll be in the deep, dark depths of winter's icy clutches... but until then enjoy your autumn.

·
Registered
444 Posts
900$ for nordics + wheels ? Ouch...

May I suggest NOT going to Canadian Tire the next time you need tires? ;)
In retrospect, there many other places I should have gone first. But it's much too late now. Lol

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Thunderbuck: How cold is it in Yukon at this time of the year ?
Today, it's reasonably sunny and high 30s F. We almost always have a decent dump of snow on the ground for Halloween, so I'm bracing myself.

We're a fair ways north, but we're less than 200km from tidewater at Skagway, Alaska, so the winters are noticeably milder than, say, Winnipeg's. It's just FREAKIN' dark. Need those HIDs soon!

Just got my baby back with it's new winter booties (AND 2-way remote start!)... will post pics soon!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Today, it's reasonably sunny and high 30s F. We almost always have a decent dump of snow on the ground for Halloween, so I'm bracing myself.

We're a fair ways north, but we're less than 200km from tidewater at Skagway, Alaska, so the winters are noticeably milder than, say, Winnipeg's. It's just FREAKIN' dark. Need those HIDs soon!

Just got my baby back with it's new winter booties (AND 2-way remote start!)... will post pics soon!
Cool!

Yukon seems like such a cool place.. I'd like to go there one day!

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
...and my baby with her new winter booties!

I'm thinking these wheels look nicer than the OEMs...

Now, they're 16s, and the Falken Espias are a bit noisier than my OEM Eagles, but it is a smoother ride...

The wheels are specifically built as winter alloys. Here's the link.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have been looking into Snows . I found best bang for buck is the General Ulti-Max Arctic their onsale Sears, Can tire adn best price OK tire $130 each for the 16`s, on steel $65 each that is mounted and balanced. with tax all 4 $ 875

·
Registered
432 Posts
Here's what it's like in the Southern Yukon this fine Friday...
Beautiful!

I have been looking into Snows . I found best bang for buck is the General Ulti-Max Arctic their onsale Sears, Can tire adn best price OK tire $130 each for the 16`s, on steel $65 each that is mounted and balanced. with tax all 4 $ 875
You mean Altimax! ;)

They're great tires! I'm picking mines up tomorrow. :)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.