Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so since i bought my car the wiper blades on it are absolute garbage... almost crashed tonight in the monsoon rain on the highway lol! I looked all through the owners manual and can't seem to find the wiper blade size? anyone know the size of the wiper blades for the Koups? or where to find this?

let me know these blades have gots to gooOO!

cheers!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Try getting Rain-X. I had a problem with my rear window and used it. While the rear window is still kind of bad in heavy rain my front windshield is great.

Even when Hurricane Earl decided to show up here (ok....tropical storm), my wipers still weren't on full-speed. I rarely ever have them come out of the intermittent setting and on the down stroke the blades skip because the windshield is so dry

You can get the cream like stuff which is like a wax but i prefer the cleaner/protectant combo. Just use it like any glass cleaner....spray on and wipe off.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Rain-X does a great job. I keep wipers on intermittent in downpour since the rain quickly runs off anyways. Love it on the back window which collect rain drops badly without Rain-X.

·
Registered
122 Posts
answering the OPs question -> I believe the wipers are 24" driver side and 20" passenger.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sxkoup thank you for the actual number size! i'll take a look and see if they fit properly... cheers!

·
Registered
122 Posts
@KoUpKiD905 they should fit fine.. Ive got RainX blades that I picked up from wallyworld

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a set of the Rain-X blades, but still wasn't happy with them. The first stroke is always great, but I get streaks on the left side of the windshield when the wipers return.

Does anybody reccommend a blade that works better?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I bought a set of the Rain-X blades, but still wasn't happy with them. The first stroke is always great, but I get streaks on the left side of the windshield when the wipers return.

Does anybody reccommend a blade that works better?

I just have the stock blades...but like i said above use the Rain-X glass cleaner/protectant combo. You'll have to re-apply about once a month to keep it top-notch but it still performs adequately if not re-applied (just some streaks). Either that or the wax like product rain-x has that's wipe-on/wipe-off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do treat my windshield with rain-x, and I also tried that brand of blade. Sorry about the confusion.

I believe that my trouble is due to the curve of the blades I've tried not matching the curve of the windshield exactly. Has anybody solved this dilemma ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Get a set of of Bosch Icons 24 and 20 inch you'll be happy with them. The Rain -X blades suck...tried two different sets on two different cars...waste of money!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I bought a pair of Michelin blades at Costco, they are great.
i have those as well.

what i did that ended up fixing the problem with the rain drops NOT running down the rear window was i put those "vortex generators" from amazon up on the rear of the roof and i havent had the problem since. im assuming it is helping with the aerodynamics of the car some how if its pushing the rain off the back window.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.