Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone tried the wiper de-icer ?

I've used it this morning, lots of snow, and either it does not work on my car or it is just not effective, it did not do a thing, wipers were full of snow and ice.

The bottom of the windshield was not hot at all when I touch it.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I believe the wiper deicer is for unfreezing the wiper blade from its resting position instead of having to get out of the car with a scraper to free them. It doesn't get warm enough to actually melt the ice accumulation that builds on the wiper themselves since that would require quite the small furnace with wind chills you get while driving. I noticed it on the first day I drove off the lot with the -25C and snowing. My blades never froze in the rest position (I was stopping at several places for around 15min each) but they built up ice while driving.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
You used to be able to buy power heated winter wiper blades at one time. Not sure if you can anymore. They would be the best for continuous iced up wiper blades. If I lived north more I would probably go that route but since I park underground heated at the moment I have no need for that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts