Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Forte and am really happy with the car overall. It is pretty peppy and gets awesome mpg.
However one thing just frosts my pumpkin, they install wiper arms that have a hinge but make the hood too long so you can't lift the wipers more than an inch or two off the windshield. I have never owned a car in my 60 years that you couldn't lift the wipers.
I live in Canada and I always lift my wipers when it snows or is cold so blades don't freeze to window but can't do it on this car.
Who is the dummy that didn't check this in the design or fitment process of the car? I think they need a lesson in basic common sense.

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,905 Posts
Dummy, YOU need to "learn a basic lesson in common sense" and read the sticker that came on the car in the upper left hand side of the windshield that tells you how to do it (this is a joke, just mirroring the tone of your rant LOL)

There's a service mode that allows you to bring the wipers up to service mode so you can lift them off all the way. Turn the key on, then key off. Then, hold the mist setting on wiper stalk for a couple seconds. The wipers will then come up into service mode and stay vertical, at which point you can easily lift them off the window to change the blades. Hope this helps.

· Administrator
2010 Koup SX
899 Posts
Yeah a lot of the newer cars are like that unfortunately. I first dealt with it when my buddy asked me how to lift the wipers on her 2019 Mazda3 and I like "Lol really??........." until I looked at them and I too was perplexed when they couldn't lift up normally. :D

It's not too bad to have to do the procedure to swap the blades every 6-12 months, but if you're one of them folks who lifts them every snowstorm, I can see it getting a bit annoying yeah.

· Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S1 Intake
6,814 Posts
There's a service mode that allows you to bring the wipers up to service mode so you can lift them off all the way. Turn the key on, then key off. Then, hold the mist setting on wiper stalk for a couple seconds. The wipers will then come up into service mode and stay vertical, at which point you can easily lift them off the window to change the blades. Hope this helps.
What noturbonoproblem wrote is correct - the wiper blades have a maintenance position that allows you to raise the wiper arms BUT Don't forget to put them down BEFORE you turn the wipers on again or you will damage the hood and wiper blade paint!!!

· Registered
2022 Kia Forte LXS Fire Orange
593 Posts
A trick I use in snowy or icy weather is to pull a garbage bag over each wiper. This not only keeps the wipers clean, but the baggy bags cover the HVAC inlet to keep it clear of ice/ snow, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts