Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm whether or not this is available? Seems like I already know the answer, but that would be ridiculous if it doesn’t have it.
If it doesn’t, what is the rationale for this? What is the best adapter to get for wireless? Are there plans from Kia to add this in an update?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can anyone confirm whether or not this is available? Seems like I already know the answer, but that would be ridiculous if it doesn’t have it.
If it doesn’t, what is the rationale for this? What is the best adapter to get for wireless? Are there plans from Kia to add this in an update?
I just bought a 2022 LXS and Android Auto wireless works just fine. I would think Apple w ould work wirelessly as well.

·
Registered
2022 Forte Hatchback GT-line 2.0 IVT
5 Posts
I heard somewhere, don't remember where, that it was a contractual dispute between Kia and Apple and Google, not a technical issue. Only applies to recent cars with the 10.25 In screen. I have a 2022 Forte Hatchback GT-Line and for now I have to use a cable for Apple CarPlay. Bluetooth of course works fine wirelessly. Hopefully they will resolve it and an update will remove the need for a cable. Till then, not the end of the world! Love everything else about the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2019 Forte LXS has wired carplay only, however, however, I think there is no need to cost much to get real wireless carply. I finally buy this one.

Very simple to install and use!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why is few cars offer wireless apple carplay? I'm confused. Anyway, I got this one.Still running strong!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Why is few cars offer wireless apple carplay? I'm confused. Anyway, I got this one.Still running strong!
Most cars that have wireless CarPlay sound terrible.... including your 80k German cars.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
727 Posts
Most cars that have wireless CarPlay sound terrible.... including your 80k German cars.
Yeah wireless CarPlay kills audio quality for some reason. Doesn’t matter the car

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT Red Currant, 2022 Forte GT Sporty Blue
67 Posts
I know there is an issue with the wired Carplay on the 22 GT's with newer iphones and IOS settings where it will lose connection randomly. Kia blames Apple, Apple blames Kia

·
Registered
163 Posts
I know there is an issue with the wired Carplay on the 22 GT's with newer iphones and IOS settings where it will lose connection randomly. Kia blames Apple, Apple blames Kia
Yeah mine does that once a day or so... not a deal breaker by any means. I see my friends with their high end cars struggle to get basic things to work.... for some reason they justify their headaches with “it’s a very expensive car” but criticize kias simple flaws with “it’s just a Cheap car”. I love it!

·
Premium Member
2022 Kia Forte GT/w GT2
16 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts