Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have need of a wiring legend for the color of the wires that go to the plugs in the back of the factory radio (minus the Serius connector, it is obvious). I tried to go by a diagram that listed the functions by the pin number on the connector but, it lists a connection at pin 3 but, there isn't even a wire at pin 3. I figure that if I knew what color wire went to what, I could figure out what I need from there. Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to provide the year, model and head unit option for your car to get any sort of useful information.
Sorry, I typed it so much trying to find it elsewhere that I thought I put it in here. Anyway, 2017 Forte S Sedan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is the FSM page for the head unit connectors and pin assignments.

Kia Forte: Audio Unit Components

There are 2 connectors (A and B). Connector A has a speaker wire in pin 3. Connector B has no wire in pin 3. If you have the original factory head unit, then these diagrams will be correct.
I went with a wiring harness. The pin assignments in the graphic you shared shows the pin assignments upside down. For example pins 23 and 24 were actually pins 11 and 12 and pin 12 was actually 24. This was important since those were the always on 12 volt (23) and they key on 12 volt (24) and the ground was the 12 pin. The wiring harness I purchased sorted it all out straight away. Thank you though for trying to help. It is appreciated.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Are you sure you read the pin assignments correctly? The connectors are shown upside down in the manual vs. how they are connected to the head unit. I know the pin assignments in the manual are correct from when I did my head unit replacement. Glad you got it worked out though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts