Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i'm new to forte forums, my wife bought a koup SX a few months back and these cars are beautiful. This place has a great wealth of info and some cool people, im glad I finally signed up.

I have done a lot of searching on this forum in both audio and DIY looking for a rear speaker wiring diagram for the koup. I would specifically like to know the wire colors of the positive, negative and remote wires (going to rear).
-Please dont suggest I take it to a shop, i have wired up a dozen cars and know what I am doing. I haven't been able to locate an electronics manual for the koup anywhere online. I have the owners manual, but it doesn't touch on wiring.

I know one of you audio gurus have done this yourself.. Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have recently connected a new amp to my Koup, I hooked into the rear speaker wires I got the info off this forum but for the life of me I can't find it now.
I had to take the side panel off to replace my rear speakers and looking at the wiring loom you could easily tell which wires run to the speakers, as they were the only wires that were twisted together. I'm nearly sure the blue wire is the negative for both sides and the positive was red one side and orange the other.
If I can find the info on this forum I will get back to you. I know for sure the front wire colours, black is - for both ssides but + one side is yesllow and the other is white

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
sign onto www.kiatechinfo.com ( its free)
and go to the service materials tab, select service info,
pick ETM, (over to the right) then select model then audo-
all the schematics from front to back of your stereo wiring :)

then- have fun looking at all the other fun and informative things in that site :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Excellent suggestions everyone. Using the kiatechinfo I verified the positive is red, neg. is blue. (wiring diagram positive listed as "L", which is shown to be blue in the general description and operation page).

I am going to tap into the cig lighter for remote wire, since i have to run power through the center console anyway. Ill take some picts along the way and throw them up if anyone is interested.

thanks!!

-Tampa, that is an awesome site, i sware last time I went on there the ETM was not available. And it even has picts under component tab on detail popups.:)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
glad to have been some help-
( lol- i would have told you right off the bat which wire was what- but i have "how to read electrical diagrams" to my list of things to do)

so yes- pics would be nice :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes, pics are always nice....

also, I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I'm running firefox and cant seem to create an account at the "kia global information system" site...keep getting a pop up about "Please review and check the Privacy Policy and Usage Agreement"...:confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts