Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just sent kia customer support a complaint about this paint we have. about how it chips bad, seems to be turning into rust spots, and the bumpers being off a shade of white.

i really hope they do something about this! this is not something any of us should have to worry about having a brand new car!

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Good luck....so, is this a common issue?? I just noticed a chip in my hood yesterday and I don't even remember hearing anything hit it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i mean it seems to be an issue for a few guys...

but Kia never emailed me back, today at least. wtf. i wanna know something about this! cause i dont want a brand new car with rock chips all over it!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah man. i dont get it! why did they use such cheap paint! i told them its completely unacceptable!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so because of some regulation they have to use horrible paint. that chips easy as hell and causes small rust spots?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and, i got the simonize treatment they offered me. they said that i would just have to spray the car clean, that was a lie! wtf. right now i just feel sooooo screwed over!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here we go again. Its NOT because of the EPA regs, it's due to a lack of thickness in the paint application. KIA is not very forthcoming with the help on this issue. I had to continually call and publicly embarrass them into repainting my car. It's a known problem with the KIA soul as well. If you manage to get anything out of KIA, do yourself a favor and get it in writing, be wary of anything they use the term "goodwill" for because they will threaten you with pulling the entire offer if you continue to be vocal about it and push for more.

·
Registered
536 Posts
a few chips here as well...I have to agree regarding thickness. It looks like there might be what like 2 layers tops....I even had a few surface rust spots that I had to rub the hell out of to get off. This shouldn't happen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts