Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
these are the kind of brake flashers that remind me of my pre-pre-ricer days driving my modified 81-84 or so honda accord (hey- it had a stick- loads of fun on the hills of okinawa)

1)it adjusts the flash rate of the brake lights- vs all the other ones out there on the net that have standard patterns

2)its got a visual indicator on the inside of the car to show what the flash rate is (which is nice when you got cop paranoia going on- lol- i still have flashbacks to driving on base on okinawa reaching down to turn all the flashing lights off)

next up-i gotta find me the variable turn signal flasher thingy.....
i wanna be able to flash back to the days of super hyper flash,the dot dot hyper flash dot dot, and all those other patterns......

super easy installation-
just cant figure out where i am gonna put the control knob.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280454710132

correct link now :)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Link???? by any chance

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,911 Posts
link no workee for me...

Are you talking about flashers that you use in place of the factory flasher -- for the emergency flashers/blinkers...or is this something for the brake lights???

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
doh-! i see what happened (link was when i was signed into ebay)
argh- i'll figure it out after work.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
link no workee for me...

Are you talking about flashers that you use in place of the factory flasher -- for the emergency flashers/blinkers...or is this something for the brake lights???
its for the two main brake lights- (not the 3rd one)
everytime you step on brake pedal- lights flash at a variable rate (set by rotary knob) then go to solid

you know how if you got someone tailgating- you tap the brakes a few times to get them to back off? this does the same thing :)

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,911 Posts
its for the two main brake lights- (not the 3rd one)
everytime you step on brake pedal- lights flash at a variable rate (set by rotary knob) then go to solid

you know how if you got someone tailgating- you tap the brakes a few times to get them to back off? this does the same thing :)
Thanks for the clarification...I've seen them on cars but always assumed it was a factory item.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Sometimes the are a factory item. The new mustangs has something similar to this. They also sequence the turn signals from the inside out (3 bulbs).

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah- i had a set of the brake flashers and adjustable turn signal flashers that i brought back from okinawa and had in my 86 firebird which got totalled- and in my confused state of mind after the crash- i never thought to remove them when i went to wrecker yard to get stuff out of the car.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.