Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Should have kit tomorrow. Soon as installed I will post pictures. Should be fun to drive. The kit I went with is:
ZEX? - Sorry...

Doubt I will get to installing it this weekend with the holidays and all the family but look for pics soon after!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I would be careful to not get on the nitrous too much, you could burn up a valve or 2 if you use it too much in a short time.

Here is a link to an example of what happened to an SX4 owner: Found it's limits

Not saying it will happen to you, just don't want anything to happen.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea I have read a million horror stories. and an equal amount of people who have had no trouble. Any idea how big a shot he was using or if he was wet or dry?

I think as long as I stay on the 55 shot side of things I should be fine. I wont be taking this thing to the drag strip. You will also never see me whole shoting this thing either. Its mainly for my amusement. Like I said in the other forums. I dont plan on ever making this thing get evo or sti numbers. Its just a toy for me. My wife calls it my mid life crysis. My son thinks its the coolest thing in the world. I get a laugh out of seeing him get exited about it. Thats pretty much all I am after.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Aren't you afraid of voiding your warranty?:confused:
Nitrous install can be easy to hide from a dealer if done right, as long as you remove it before you go in.

Also the guy was using a 75 wet shot I believe, needed a methanol injection or higher octane gas to not cook his engine. I would say if a turbo comes out for this car you should go that route, most fun you will have with a car ever.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
I would say if a turbo comes out for this car you should go that route, most fun you will have with a car ever.
I'd like too, but it also come with a LOT of potential problems. It's an option I will consider only if the warranty is not void (it mean Kia approve)
I had so much troubles with my old Talon:mad: and so much fun when it was working:cool:. It was a money pit, but a fun one!!!

Gives us feedback when your done punksmurph!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I run aftermarket turbo on my SX4 without any problems. The Theta II is in the Genesis and loves boost, the similar 4B11 is the same way. Although the internals are different I am sure that on low boost this engine will perform like a champ.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I really hope this becomes a reality, a turbo Forte sedan would make a really nice sleeper for a lot of people.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hope turbo comes around as well... but I doubt I can get it done (and done right for that matter) for less than 500 bucks. I also have owned turbo cars and they are fun but seemed to also have issues. Could have just been that car model. I have read positive things about turbo on other cars with no real issues. I do realize this could and most likely will void the warrenty but i plan to take "steps" to avoid this. All and all I got this car to have fun in it. that is what I plan to do. My six year old sun is already trying to talk me into lambo doors. So I sent http://www.verticaldoors.com an email to ask if a kit was in the works yet will let you know more as i find out

·
Administrator
1,198 Posts
Lambo doors seriously? I am not sure about those, but a turbo will definitely make the forte less reliable as all other turbo cars seem to be. Not to be a jerk, but I thought this would apply. At least it was your 6 year old son that suggested it.

Nadeem

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LMFAO!!!! that hurt my sides I laughed so much!!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Nitrious Revisited

Ok guys sorry about falling off the face of the earth... long story but between work and holidays the project got put on hold. Anyway the project is still on. The NOS kit is in the garage just waiting. I have told the wife I am doing nothing around the house till this project is done. I need some help and or advice on deciding something though. So if the tribe could pipe in on what they would like to see me do or what they think I should do it would be great!!!

Dilemma... I do not want to mod the stock intake/air box with the Nos. I had this same dilemma before the holidays which was another reason it got put on hold. I was researching replacing the intake but couldn't find anything I liked.

I LOVE!!! what soar did. I was looking at doing something like that or... I also was looking at the K&N Apollo and trying to tie that in to the stock air scoop above the radiator. Do you guys think there is anything to be gained by getting the air from there or do you think that scoop is too restrictive?

I plan to mod the intake and do the nos at same time as soon as I decide on intake direction. Post your comments to help me decide!!

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
ok after posting the last post i got motivated tonight to install the bottle and line in the trunk... here is pics. I am serious about getting this done!!! Based on every ones DYNO posts if i go with the small nozzles ( which I will be because I dont want to retard the engine and have it running less than optimal when not on full throttle) we could be looking at 200 WHP when done!

Sorry about crappy pictures but took them at 10:15 pm in the dark with my blackberry

1 - 18 of 18 Posts