Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been so excited to finally be able to get a fully loaded Kia Forte SX sedan. For 6 months I looked at cars and decided on this one.

Due to bad decisions with roommates in the past my credit is not flattering. After being turned down 3 times by my bank for a loan I spoke to the bank VP who managed to push my request through and get me a loan with decent terms and a 60 day expiration date.

With an approved loan and plenty of down payment I went to a local kia dealer in corona/norco. Right off the bat I could tell these guys were shifty. I decided to take my business elsewhere and landed at a kia depot in santa ana. After listening to the sales men and sales manager we worked out a finalized out the door price but the issue is that they did not have an SX available. The "sales manager" said he would "order" the car in from Korea and it would be there within 2-3 weeks. They also said they would have a vin in no time.

A couple days later after requesting an email confirmation of the out the door price I was ready to have the car ordered. The 2-3 weeks was then said to be more around 3-4 weeks, and then 4-6 weeks. I put $500 down to receive my car in 4-6 weeks with a vin coming in 2 weeks.

Weeks go by.....

I started calling to check status since I had not heard anything.

No vin/no update.

no win/no update.

Monday I call back concerned about my loan's expiration as it has now been 7 weeks. I was informed that the sales manager I had been dealing with is no longer with the company. The "new/Other" manager said he would look into the situation and get back to me within hours. I didn't hear from him. I called back the next day to find out that my car was not actually ever going to show up. I wasted 7 weeks waiting for a car that was on some wish list somewhere. This car is not available anywhere. I then got asked about other options, other cars, but I this point I was just pissed.

While I had the manager look into an sx in another color I called kia corporate sales. They said they would call me back that day, didn't hear from them. The dealership manager said he would call me back, didn't here from him. I drove 4 cities away to the dealer ship after work to meet with this guy. He said in person he would call me the next morning, never called. Kia corporate never called, so i called them back. They said the sales person, Darlene, was not available and she would call in 24 hours. Never from her. I call corporate again and spoke to someone and explained my issue with loan expiration's and being jerked around. She looked into available cars and we located 2 in different colors (not even what I want). I had her check in with the dealers to see if they would trade the cars to my dealer ship. They couldn't care less about my issue and will not part with the car.

I'm so upset with the way this company does business. There is no one to complain to. No upper-management person to contact as all of these dealerships are independently owned. Kia themselves are will do nothing. In dealing with 4 kia dealers in my area, these were all some of the biggest liars and crooks Ive ever met and kia corporate doesn't seem to be concerned about it.

I am now 1 week away from losing a loan I wont be able to get again because I got taken for a ride by these animals. I currently have a 100 mile work commute with my kids and no car. My exciting first car purchase has turned into my worse night mare. Without a car I have no way to get to work tomorrow, i may lose my job. Thanks Kia

·
Registered
567 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that, that really sucks. I hope something works out for you too. I've been waiting for 2 weeks to get my forte. Originally it was 2-4 days. Then they couldn't find any around here to buy from other dealerships so I guess their getting it from kia or something. Today was the 2 week mark and also the day it was supposed to come in. I called to see what was going on and the salesman I've been talking to said it was supposed to be here today and he came in on his day off and he didn't know why it wasn't here yet but he'd call me back. That was 7 hours ago.

I'm getting a automatic koup SX. I'm waiting for him to say it's going to be another week or some bullshit. The $500 cash back rebate expires in 5 days. I think he's stalling till thats over. mother fucker.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I had been so excited to finally be able to get a fully loaded Kia Forte SX sedan. For 6 months I looked at cars and decided on this one.

Due to bad decisions with roommates in the past my credit is not flattering. After being turned down 3 times by my bank for a loan I spoke to the bank VP who managed to push my request through and get me a loan with decent terms and a 60 day expiration date.

With an approved loan and plenty of down payment I went to a local kia dealer in corona/norco. Right off the bat I could tell these guys were shifty. I decided to take my business elsewhere and landed at a kia depot in santa ana. After listening to the sales men and sales manager we worked out a finalized out the door price but the issue is that they did not have an SX available. The "sales manager" said he would "order" the car in from Korea and it would be there within 2-3 weeks. They also said they would have a vin in no time.

A couple days later after requesting an email confirmation of the out the door price I was ready to have the car ordered. The 2-3 weeks was then said to be more around 3-4 weeks, and then 4-6 weeks. I put $500 down to receive my car in 4-6 weeks with a vin coming in 2 weeks.

Weeks go by.....

I started calling to check status since I had not heard anything.

No vin/no update.

no win/no update.

Monday I call back concerned about my loan's expiration as it has now been 7 weeks. I was informed that the sales manager I had been dealing with is no longer with the company. The "new/Other" manager said he would look into the situation and get back to me within hours. I didn't hear from him. I called back the next day to find out that my car was not actually ever going to show up. I wasted 7 weeks waiting for a car that was on some wish list somewhere. This car is not available anywhere. I then got asked about other options, other cars, but I this point I was just pissed.

While I had the manager look into an sx in another color I called kia corporate sales. They said they would call me back that day, didn't hear from them. The dealership manager said he would call me back, didn't here from him. I drove 4 cities away to the dealer ship after work to meet with this guy. He said in person he would call me the next morning, never called. Kia corporate never called, so i called them back. They said the sales person, Darlene, was not available and she would call in 24 hours. Never from her. I call corporate again and spoke to someone and explained my issue with loan expiration's and being jerked around. She looked into available cars and we located 2 in different colors (not even what I want). I had her check in with the dealers to see if they would trade the cars to my dealer ship. They couldn't care less about my issue and will not part with the car.

I'm so upset with the way this company does business. There is no one to complain to. No upper-management person to contact as all of these dealerships are independently owned. Kia themselves are will do nothing. In dealing with 4 kia dealers in my area, these were all some of the biggest liars and crooks Ive ever met and kia corporate doesn't seem to be concerned about it.

I am now 1 week away from losing a loan I wont be able to get again because I got taken for a ride by these animals. I currently have a 100 mile work commute with my kids and no car. My exciting first car purchase has turned into my worse night mare. Without a car I have no way to get to work tomorrow, i may lose my job. Thanks Kia

really sorry to hear about your experience.

Make sure you let the bank manager know about everything that's going on.

I'd call corporate and say that your next step is to call the local media outlets and tell them your story. "A family-man's quest to get to work and get his kids to school.."

Maybe that'll make corporate budge.

Anthonydv07 went through a similar hell, I suggest contacting him here and trying to get some of his higher up contact numbers in corporate to deal with this.

D

·
Registered
973 Posts
did you at least get your $500 down back? I'd call kia usa and try to file a complaint with them. there are other threads on here where people have been successful filing complaints on a dealership, can't remember specifics though.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
THANK YOU FOR CONFIRMING THAT KIA DOESN'T GIVE A RATS ASS! (at least in the US :()... although other people might still disagree with me..:p

If I have a problem with my car, I don't even bother with KIA, I go strait to my state "Mediator" and have her contact KIA, they pay way more attention to her than me. I do have numbers, but you would be lucky if they answered their phone. Even the service manager at the dealership I go too agrees with me.

HEY YOU LIVE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (Corona, Santa Ana), IT'S YOUR LUCKY DAY

CONTACT THE NEW MOTOR VEHICLE BOARD OF CALIFORNIA

Links:
Consumer Mediation Services
Contact Us

1507 21st Street, Suite 330
Sacramento, CA 95811
Phone: (916) 445-1888
FAX: (916) 323-1632

Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Explain to them your situation, see if they can help. Best of luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sucks that you have been jerked around. I have to ask though...instead of letting this expire, why don't you just settle for a different car. If getting back and forth to work is the main issue and making sure your kids get to where they need to go, you may be better off biting the bullet and get something comparable from somewhere else.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THANK YOU FOR CONFIRMING THAT KIA DOESN'T GIVE A RATS ASS! (at least in the US :()... although other people might still disagree with me..:p

If I have a problem with my car, I don't even bother with KIA, I go strait to my state "Mediator" and have her contact KIA, they pay way more attention to her than me. I do have numbers, but you would be lucky if they answered their phone. Even the service manager at the dealership I go too agrees with me.

HEY YOU LIVE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (Corona, Santa Ana), IT'S YOUR LUCKY DAY

CONTACT THE NEW MOTOR VEHICLE BOARD OF CALIFORNIA

Links:
Consumer Mediation Services
Contact Us

1507 21st Street, Suite 330

Sacramento, CA 95811
Phone: (916) 445-1888
FAX: (916) 323-1632

Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Explain to them your situation, see if they can help. Best of luck.
Awesome! thank you for that.

Sucks that you have been jerked around. I have to ask though...instead of letting this expire, why don't you just settle for a different car. If getting back and forth to work is the main issue and making sure your kids get to where they need to go, you may be better off biting the bullet and get something comparable from somewhere else.
...But that's the magic word right, "settle"? This is my first new car purchase, I was really excited. It blows my mind that I have $6,000 in pocket, an awesome (for me) 9.5% interest loan, and a great job that is affording me the car I want and I cant get it. I'm budgeted, prepared, and ready to go but its been a horrible experience.

I will end up with a car either way but I may just have to settle for something I don't want. Think about how you would feel looking at your car if you spent $20,000-$25,000 on something you didn't really even want. That and I now currently don't have a car to drive at all because of all this. I was borrowing a car which was only supposedly going to take a couple weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if this thing is now reported stolen.

Thank for the input and support guys. Ill keep you updated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been dealing with the same kind of stuff with the dealers here in Texas, I'm from the Dallas area and we drove to Fort Worth to just find the car that I wanted that the dealer said they had.. which we get all the way out there and they dont have the car, its still at a port in Midlothian, TX but apparently this is the only car they have for sale in Texas that is what I want. The car wasnt even assigned to their dealership, but they "made a deal with the port" and got the car assigned to them.

Still dont have the car yet, hopefully I'll hear something by tomorrow :/

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
best thing is to call and bug em. if you want anything, you have to go get it and that may mean going to the dealer or calling every day or several hours. if they say they'll call back in 7 hrs or a day, call in 4hrs and see where they are on it. theyre going to do as little work as they can cuz they have bigger fish to worry about and theyre in charge and if you dont show any force or a sense of power, your going to get put on the back burner and then forgotten about. youve got to make yourself one of those "bigger fish" and turn the table and have them wait on you, not the other way around. good luck to you tho. i hate it when stuff like this happens. hope everything goes well. cheers

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I'd buy a temporary car with a little of the 6k down you have just to get to work so you don't lose the job.

·
Registered
567 Posts
My car arrived at the dealership today. I'll be going there to check it out sometime after 4. I had specifically said (multiple times) all I wanted was a Stock Koup SX with a auto tranny. I'm 6'5 and the sunroof steals a inch of headroom I very much so need. The salesman calls today and tells me the car is in... with a sunroof. What the fuck. Obviously I wasn't clear THAT I DON'T FIT IN THE FUCKING CAR WITH THE SUN ROOF. He said they "made adjustments to the seat" to allow me an extra inch so I could still get the sunroof. We'll see. Either way I'm not paying extra for something I repeatedly said I didn't want and I'm obviously not buying something I won't fit in. If this keeps up I'm done with kia.

·
Registered
644 Posts
There are a ton of fortes here at the dealerships I have seen...Sedans...Koups... you should come over here Joechicklets ;x

·
Registered
567 Posts
I might just have to. There are no dealerships in NJ that have JUST a stock SX. They all have some fucking extra I don't want =[

·
Registered
127 Posts
I might just have to. There are no dealerships in NJ that have JUST a stock SX. They all have some fucking extra I don't want =[
For the Koup SX, the only one that is available without sunroof have to be with cloth seats. All the SX with leather seats have sunroof. I bet that they do not buy a lot of SX without leather, thus minimizing the chance of you getting the SX without sunroof. Here in Puerto Rico dealers do not buy the SX sedan with manual transmission because they say it wont sell. Go figure....

·
Registered
567 Posts
I went to the dealership, it was a normal SX with a normal sunroof. Apparently this fucker thought I was to stupid to notice my head touching the ceiling. They did not make any adjustments to the seat, I suppose he thought I had shrunk since the last time I sat in one with a sunroof and told him I DIDN'T FUCKING FIT IN IT. I hate car salesmen. 2 weeks fucking wasted. Now I'm probably going to have to order the car straight from Kia and wait another month. With my lucky I'll probably get bullshitted along just like the OP did.

Being tall is a pain in the dick.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
For the Koup SX, the only one that is available without sunroof have to be with cloth seats. All the SX with leather seats have sunroof. I bet that they do not buy a lot of SX without leather, thus minimizing the chance of you getting the SX without sunroof. Here in Puerto Rico dealers do not buy the SX sedan with manual transmission because they say it wont sell. Go figure....
Owns a 6sp sedan sx. ;)

love the MT however 2 seater not a viable option for me

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I went to the dealership, it was a normal SX with a normal sunroof. Apparently this fucker thought I was to stupid to notice my head touching the ceiling. They did not make any adjustments to the seat, I suppose he thought I had shrunk since the last time I sat in one with a sunroof and told him I DIDN'T FUCKING FIT IN IT. I hate car salesmen. 2 weeks fucking wasted. Now I'm probably going to have to order the car straight from Kia and wait another month. With my lucky I'll probably get bullshitted along just like the OP did.

Being tall is a pain in the dick.
hey Joe. Sorry to hear about the problems. There
were a bunch of koups all over PA as
well. I would expand your search maybe you will get lucky rather than waiting direct from Kia. Also check eBay classifieds

a lot of dealers list on there and it has a nice distance tool

1 - 20 of 28 Posts