Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
they're just covers for ur existing breaks. just to make you look like you spent the big bucks on real brembo product. people will be fooled by this and buy it still tho.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
dude the hole point for those covers is to fool other people come on man
well yes, if thats what you're going for. and you know thats what you're buying. then buy it.

what i am saying, is people will still go ahead and buy them (a select few) thinking that they are actually getting new brakes. when they arrive they will be unpleasantly surprised. but then again, people buy 'a good feeling' off ebay..so eh.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
I bought them and? I will install when i put on my rotors and ebc brakes

·
Registered
567 Posts
well yes, if thats what you're going for. and you know thats what you're buying. then buy it.

what i am saying, is people will still go ahead and buy them (a select few) thinking that they are actually getting new brakes. when they arrive they will be unpleasantly surprised. but then again, people buy 'a good feeling' off ebay..so eh.

If someone buys it thinking it's a brake caliper, they're stupid for not reading the entire description which says multiple times it's just a cover. Plenty of people prefer buying a brake caliper cover instead of painting their calipers and maintaining the paint job. This isn't a bad mod. A bad mod is that $50 chip that will give you "70+ HP gains!" which can damage your car. Same for the dual supercharger intake someone else posted about. This is simply an item to make your car look nicer.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Actually in his Opinion it is the worst mod to him, and he is allowed to think that. I am sure what I think is the worst mod someone else will like it the best.

Let us all play nice in the sandbox...and remember "Opinions" everyone has them...either right or wrong, who is to say. LOL

·
Registered
825 Posts
The mod isn't all that bad IMO but this is a forum and although we all have the same taste in cars :). We may have differences on how we mod or Fortes. But honestly if someone were to hand these to me today I would bolt them on tonight. . . LOL. . .

·
Registered
350 Posts
yeah they might look cool but what do yous say when someone asks you about them or ask how you like your brembos? "oh its just fake covers"

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
answer: how about you check for your self while you at it let me know if i get 350 to the wheels under the hood ;)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Personally I liked the things I saw a while back that were just placks 4 iches or so long that said "Forte" on em and were held on with double sided tape ( on the calipers) :)still iv seen money spent on worse things...I did own a neon :)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
@forteshadow: you might want to be careful using double sided tape on you calipers...could you imagine if these came off and some how got stuck in your brakes...

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
The mod isn't all that bad IMO but this is a forum and although we all have the same taste in cars :). We may have differences on how we mod or Fortes. But honestly if someone were to hand these to me today I would bolt them on tonight. . . LOL. . .
Yes they look cool...but they don"t bolt on...that's the issue for me.
You actually have to GLUE them on with a silicon adhesive, that's really my issue.

I like the idea of covering the stock calipers rather than painting them. I've painted calipers in the past and they didn't last long enough for me so this time i went with custom MGP covers that do bolt on, we"ll see how they last now.

·
Registered
825 Posts
BIGE. . ..what's up brother. Good to hear from you. Although I like the brembo. . I have my heart set on the MGP Bolt On Version. . .Just like the ones you have with the Forte wording on them. Man that blue looks sick. Hows the Getting Fit In 2011 Going so far?

·
Registered
825 Posts
And yes with the glue that would be a concern of mine. With all the heat from the rotor and brake pads. I don't think things would end well at all. Plus the Brembo Caliper Covers are not cheap even the fake ones.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I wanna cover up my calipers rather than paint them but I definitely would not go with these. I'm gonna end up getting the MGP caliper covers like BigE but I don't know if I wanna go black or red. I have black wheels with a red lip.

BTW BigE, how much did they cost you along with the custom engraving?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I want the real brembos
which are not listed yet :(

I can see both sides of this

A. does look better then stock
B. its not real.

I like Big E's brake covers, looks good and does not come off for something other then what it is a cover.
Just my ten cents on this

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
the MGP covers are also on my shopping list (now that i quit smoking-i have a shopping list for my mad money-lol)
in addition to cleaning up the looks of the brake calipers,tossing a lil color inside the wheels-i belive they also assist a bit on keeping brake dust off the wheels....

1 - 20 of 48 Posts