Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so i have been keeping this a little secret for a while. i have no other choice but to spill the beans. i need help from you guys to get this correctly going. the wot box is a system that implements 2 things. launch control at any rpm. and a no lift shift (will fix the issues of grinding gears ) keep your leg on the gas and shift and dont let go how cool is that! some examples
there you have now this system is universal.. now this is were i need your help to know were everything goes using Kia Global Information System (KGIS)
connector pin out
pin/color/AWG/Name/description
1/yellow/18 /rpm /connect to fuel injector drive signal or ignition control signal.
2/black/18 /ground/connect to chassis ground
3/black/16 /power out/connect to ignition coil power wire going towards the ignition
4/blue/18 /APP /connect to the accelerator pedal position sensor pr tps
5/green/18 /clutch/connect to clutch pedal position switch
6/red /16power in /connect to ignition coil power wire going away from the ignition coils.

alright there you go if we get this system going on a forte just imagine what it can do cant wait. video soon

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i found the accelerator pedal position sensor. which is located on top of the gas pedal

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
ok so i guess the best approach here is to go wire by wire

first the wot box blue wire . from the diagram you posted up we can go directly at the ecu connector (is the ecu inside the car?)

that would tap into pin 36 at the ecu which is the app signal wire.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the ecu is located inside the engine bay. now how about the clutch pedal position switch. its located above the clutch pedal or take it from the ecu on this one?

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

#4 is the clutch switch is what we are looking for ?

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i believe this is what you are looking for you have to sign in go to service info on the drop down go to kia forte/ 2010/ 2.4l type in ecm on the search and it should be the 5 link called terminal function its a full schematic. also you can only view it on ie.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok so the yellow wire is the rpm input to the wotbox. this will get tapped into the low side of #1 injector.
the low side is referred to terminal 2 injector #1 control ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
ok for the clutch we actually need to check something here with a voltmeter. it looks like its pin 43 t the ecu. we need to backprobe that with a voltmeter and see what we have. we are looking for 12v when the pedal is up and for it to switch to 0 when you first start to begin pushing down on the pedal

·
Registered
973 Posts
can do no lift shifts without upgrading clutch and trans? I'm going to get all the gears and synchros in my trans coated and then I would love to have this!

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
pin 13?

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
check out 35 and 36

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
check out pin 60 and 61

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
there to much to copy and paste if you log on you can see what they have i also found 2 cruise control switch.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts