Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a group of about 3-4 guys with scion tc's all stop me in my work parking lot to check out my car and tell me how much more they liked my car then theirs.

This was pretty funny to me because i wanted a scion tc for a while, but then realized there is better things out there.. AKA Forte Koup!

I love this car more and more everyday! i hope everyone else is enjoying their Forte as much as i am.

Quote from a Scion Tc owner " I thought that was a Camaro..." PRICELESS!

·
Registered
178 Posts
HAHA nice nice....ya man I must say I love my forte sedan TO DEATH!!! the only thing i dont like is when people say (ya but its a kia) that pisses me off...the audacity of people to judge my car with out even being in it and riding in it...arggg haha..I plan on de-badging it soon haha. But that is awesome they loved it....my buddy has a scion tc and we raced and we were evenly matched (his is a manual and mine is an automatic)...

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
i love my car too! my first car was a ford focus and it was nice but it wasnt a car that ppl looked at. now, im turning heads with my koup and i too have been told my tc owners that they like it a lot too. so cool!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah the styling on this car is phenomenal. Just the other day I stopped for gas and a guy walked up and said "wow what a nice car..... is that a kIA?" This car gets noticed. Pretty cool for a $20,000 car!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Quote from a Scion Tc owner " I thought that was a Camaro..." PRICELESS!
While I wouldn't mistake the Koup for a Camaro, there is something about the back end that kinda reminds me of the new Camaro, I can't figure out what it is though. Mostly when I look at the Koup from the rear 3/4's I see a lot of VW Jetta in it, especially in White, Silver or Titanium, I guess it's got something to do with the designer being from Audi.....:)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Every day i walk outside and I get all giddy when I see it! I LOVE THIS CAR. And yeah everyone says "buts its a KIA" then they ride in it and STFU. Did I mention I LOVE THIS CAR!!??

·
Registered
243 Posts
While I wouldn't mistake the Koup for a Camaro, there is something about the back end that kinda reminds me of the new Camaro, I can't figure out what it is though. Mostly when I look at the Koup from the rear 3/4's I see a lot of VW Jetta in it, especially in White, Silver or Titanium, I guess it's got something to do with the designer being from Audi.....:)
The Camaro has similar taillights and rear diffuser. I don't see any Jetta in the Koup(thank God), but I do see Honda Civic coupe in the general shape and roofline.

BTW, the Next Jetta is going to be a real looker. Getting back to that clean German sedan look instead of the blob-like mess that the current Jetta is.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well I didn't say they're Identical, what I said is I see a lot of Jetta in the Koup's rear 3/4 styling. Although the Koup is Much Better Designed in my opinion, you can't seriously say you can't see a little similarity at least. It's something about the C-Pillar and it's transition into the 1/4 panel the Stance, and the general outline and shape of the Tail Lamps except the Jetta's round dip at the bottom. I don't see the similarity as a bad thing, the Jetta's a well respected car. I actually see more in common with the Jetta than I do the Civic from the Rear 3/4 view. From that angle the only thing I kinda see is the front fenders on the Civic and Koup are similar. What it is about the Koup and the Camaro has gotta be the tail lights being up high and almost separated into separate lights by the back up lights on the Koup along with the shape of the top edge of the trunk the Camaro and Koup both have that contouring to them where it dips down and then flattens out across the center, along with the Diffuser, and the wheel arch flares are similar as well. But again, I think the Koup is the better of the 2 designs. What's really funny to me is the Design that Chevy did for the Bumblebee Camaro in Transformers, the front end/Bumper really reminds me of the Koup..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
654 Posts

When I look at the rear (mainly the taillights) I think of a Mitsubishi Lancer. I used to want one so bad, until they became as popular as Honda Civics (lame).

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Yeah, i agree roknrolr. I wanted a mitsubishi evo soooo badly!! Then one look at the price tag and I almost died... (not really) But I absolutely LOVE my car! I've been dreaming of having this car the day I discovered it was being designed. I always get outside in the morning and look at my car and smile... I can finally drive around in my car of my dreams and be proud and happy that I have such a special car.

PS Anyone realize how big our tailpipes are???? ITS AWESOME! You look at the civics and jettas and corollas... they are the size of ping pong balls! Ours is the size of grapefruits!

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Gah... Every time I see a picture of a Koup in Lime Twist I get a little sad. I want it something fierce but it's not available in North America. :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
I love my Koup as well. People stop me ALL OF THE TIME beacause they can't figure out what kind of car it is.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
paint the damn thing call it a day

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Gah... Every time I see a picture of a Koup in Lime Twist I get a little sad. I want it something fierce but it's not available in North America. :(
Did you really want the "lime twist"? You could have had it shipped down here... if its from canada....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts