Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there I was, applying the new K emblems because my old ones were pitting, and noticed that there was a stone chip on the hood. No big deal, everyone gets stone chips. That one's not the only one.

But, that one is special... For you see, the steel has already rusted. Now, it's only about 2mm in diameter, but we all know just how quickly that can spread. Will take a pic when I get to the car again.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did. They told me they'd remove the rust and touch it up. The only charge is for the touch-up pen (which I was gonna buy anyways).

·
Registered
973 Posts
I did. They told me they'd remove the rust and touch it up. The only charge is for the touch-up pen (which I was gonna buy anyways).
lemme know how the touch up pen works, if its a perfect match for the factory paint then I'd definitely be interested in it

·
Registered
407 Posts
I bought a touch up pen when i got the car, as soon as i see a stone chip i clean the area, then apply the touch up paint wait a few seconds and wipe the excess of with a microfiber sponge, and poof the stone chip is GONE! I have done this a few times but gotta catch those chips early, I wash my car at least once a week, so its always shiny :) I baby this car!

BW

·
Registered
973 Posts
I bought a touch up pen when i got the car, as soon as i see a stone chip i clean the area, then apply the touch up paint wait a few seconds and wipe the excess of with a microfiber sponge, and poof the stone chip is GONE! I have done this a few times but gotta catch those chips early, I wash my car at least once a week, so its always shiny :) I baby this car!

BW
I wish the pollen wasn't so out of control here, I wash mine at least once a week too, but it's covered in pollen already just hours after the wash...
And I'm glad to know the touch up pens are good, this ebony black seems to show every little scratch very clearly

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yea the pollen is nuts here too, I have the forte in bronze and it's always covered in pollen and looks filthy no matter how much I wash it... Can't wait for the pollen to die down a bit

·
Registered
695 Posts
The pollen seems to be a problem everywhere, i usually spray my car down with the hose in the morning just so i can drive with out the pollen suck all over the windows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts