Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,823 Posts
Koup or sedan -- nice handling, great fuel economy, enough power to enjoy -- but not enough to brag about or beat a WRX...LoL! Aftermarket is coming along: there are 2 intakes to choose from now (Injen's and Turbokit's). Exhausts are hard to find yet...some are expected soon -- have to modify locally if that's what you want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Koup or sedan -- nice handling, great fuel economy, enough power to enjoy -- but not enough to brag about or beat a WRX...LoL! Aftermarket is coming along: there are 2 intakes to choose form now (Injen's and Turbokit's). Exhausts are hard to find yet...some are expected soon -- have to modify locally if that's what you want.
looking for the koup two door.. i really want one, it drove nice and best of all not loud like my car lol. it seems like a fun car to own and possible modify in the future even tho its fwd :( but i think this is the only fwd car id actually buy.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Do you have the STi and are you going to keep it? I love my Koup and it's definitely flattering when everybody on the road is always staring at it everyday.

It's not gonna be anywhere close to the power you got now though. In the future some bolt ons will help a little bit but it's not AWD so you'll never have the control quite like a Soobie.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have the STi and are you going to keep it? I love my Koup and it's definitely flattering when everybody on the road is always staring at it everyday.

It's not gonna be anywhere close to the power you got now though. In the future some bolt ons will help a little bit but it's not AWD so you'll never have the control quite like a Soobie.
I have the wrx 2.0L .. but ive upgraded everything since i bought it in 2006 and its almost paid off now.. im going to keep it ive dumped to much money in this car to sell it..

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Well in that case I'd say go for the Koup then! I thought you were looking to perhaps replace the WRX.

Debadge it and you'll get headturners everywhere you go. A guy in a brand new M3 almost rear ended someone yesterday cause he was staring so hard.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the wrx 2.0L .. but ive upgraded everything since i bought it in 2006 and its almost paid off now.. im going to keep it ive dumped to much money in this car to sell it..
Im gonna miss my rex. I gotta sell it.....Im lookin at the sx koup also. They are badass lookin cars!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Im gonna miss my rex. I gotta sell it.....Im lookin at the sx koup also. They are badass lookin cars!
BTW! im sellin all my parts before I sell my rex. You lookin for some? LOL, maybe a FP 20g?:D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Already got one lol, what else you got?
Oh yeah! Just noticed ya sig. I have the same setup on my 06. Here are my mods.....
FP 20g Turbo TD06sl2 8cm 2.4 inlet

Deatchwerks 850cc fuel injectors

Walbro 255 fuel pump

CSS fmic kit

Full JDM STI 6MT tranny swap w/ Spiders Auto DCCD controller

Grimmspeed Ext wastegate kit with Tail 44mm

V2 Cobb AP with 91 oct...18psi and 93 oct...21psi tunes for this setup

2.0 Taxtrix cable

PRODRIVE bcs

Tanabe WRX / STI Concept G Blue Turboback Exhaust

AEM UEGO wideband gauge

Perrin Big MAF intake