Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got Xenon bulbs for the Highs/Lows/Fogs and the 60-60 Switchbacks ordered today (Probably process Tuesday).
I plan on documenting the process here, especially the conversion of autolumination.com H11 bulbs to fit H11b.

Their customer service has been TOP NOTCH and have answered all the questions I've asked them.

I can't wait to get them in and get them installed!

EDIT: Switchbacks and High Beams installed.
LOVE the switchbacks, but the H11 Lows and 921 reverse lights would not fit and they shipped the wrong fogs. But I'm happy with what I do have.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, me too. The guy at autoluminations was very helpful and even pointed me to a single cheap bulb to try. If it works, I'll install the nicer set. If not, He will let me ship back the set.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
i think the easy way to make it fit is,

when you open your dust cap, you'll see the H11b connector held in place with a screw, i think it might work if you undo that screw and hook it straight to the bulb

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll give that a look when I get them.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, my bulbs came in Tuesday but it has been too cold. Super fast shipping by autolumination.com. Today, I go out and install. Switchbacks look AWESOME (pics to come). High Beams install no problem. As expected the H11 are not even close to fitting and I don't feel like hacking up my internals to get them to work.
The reverse lights (921) are just about 1-2mm to big and will not install. (anyone have an idea that doesn't involve hacking it up?)
I haven't gotten to do the fogs, but will attempt shortly. Was just taking a break to see if anyone had any ideas on the reverse lights.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pic added

·
Registered
184 Posts
Audi style lights

Everyone says to tap into parking lights. If I do this how do I make it so yellow lights aren't on all the time? On pics of others some have their yellow lights on while others don't but they both have LEDs on. What do I do?

·
Registered
519 Posts
how much is the nicer set of xenons? u do no hids from DDM are like 30$

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I paid $13 for the set.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Everyone says to tap into parking lights. If I do this how do I make it so yellow lights aren't on all the time? On pics of others some have their yellow lights on while others don't but they both have LEDs on. What do I do?
Just depends on how you want them. If you want them on with parking lights, tap that wire, if you want them on all the time, you have to tap into the fuse box on something that goes hot when the key is turned.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Flasher module installed! Given all the crap I've seen on this, I made sure I put my best effort in it first. Squeezed the tabs really hard and out it popped.

·
Registered
519 Posts
^^^ i spent 2 days trying to get that thing out... hahaha it didnt help it was cold out and my fingers would go numb and i couldnt feel anything

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.