Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an excellent car meet today in Springfield, MA with WandersX, Crock89. My friend and I drove up, I brought my Koup and he brought his 2010 Scion tC.

What should had been a 1 hour and 20 minute drive turned into a 2 1/2 hour drive for me and my friend with the tC. I found out today that state troopers can park in any lane they want to during heavy traffic. After some very frustrating bumper to bumper traffic my friend and I finally arrived to meet up WandersX and Crock89 while they were doing a headlight swap [WandersX has a Koup while Crock89 has the sedan]. To make a long story short, all 4 cars end up on the main road ;)
Literally I do not understand how any of us were not pulled over. I mean statistically only one of us can get pulled over if a cop spotted us... But that was the thing, THERE WERE NO COPS TO SPOT US! It was almost like it wasn't real life, we were weaving in and out of traffic, revving our engines and drag racing each other at every opportunity. A couple of times we ended up at dead ends and had to turn around, I found out today that dead ends create amazing drag racing lanes :cool:
I can honestly say that everyone on the roads were staring at us. I know we're all attractive but seriously, the smell of burnt rubber and brake dust could have gotten Ray Charles's attention ;)

Here are some pictures! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
Man! Is your car ever RED!

You playing with the colour balance in your pictures? :D
Shooting with a 35mm camera loaded with Kodachrome? :D

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man! Is your car ever RED!

You playing with the colour balance in your pictures? :D
Shooting with a 35mm camera loaded with Kodachrome? :D
Haha thank the wax I used and the bright and sunny skies! Trust me I wish my red could go into invisible mode when police officers are nearby. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0

That wax works wonders :rolleyes:
Sorry for sort of hijacking this thread, but I've read good things about this wax. I have a question though. If you get it on the black rubber around the windows does it show up white? If so, how do you deal with this? Do you do something to prevent it from getting on the rubber or other black parts? Need some advice here on waxing technique.

·
Registered
377 Posts
We should plan a road trip to CA.... get more people involved. I honestly had the most fun I have ever had riding around with other Koups, yeah and even the tC, I would love to see anyone who is near or around the New England Area or even beyond to join us riding the streets and having fun helping each other with mods and ideas.

I will post meets under threads once a week to see if anyone traveling would like to join us,

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
o yes i am down to do this again friday anyone? my personal favorite was when that 80 something year old lady was mowing her lawn and she kept backing up on to the street not hearing my loud exhaust or a brush of fortes strengths upon her o yea and the tc....lmaooo we were going like 60mph on a dead end road. :p i just noticed im in the pic! next to your koup

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Sorry for sort of hijacking this thread, but I've read good things about this wax. I have a question though. If you get it on the black rubber around the windows does it show up white? If so, how do you deal with this? Do you do something to prevent it from getting on the rubber or other black parts? Need some advice here on waxing technique.

The wax is extremely easy to apply, it's a medium thick liquidy wax and smells great. It comes with a purple circular sponge that you use to apply the wax onto car. It also takes off the dirt and won't scratch your car at all. After you apply the wax to the car use a microfiber towel to wipe it down. Wax one part of the car at a time, it's a long process but it's very rewarding. After you're done waxing the car take another microfiber towel and wipe down the whole car to get any excess wax off. While wiping down the car the car should feel like glass. The wax won't show up on the rubber around the windows. The great thing about this wax is it's extremely easy to apply and buff off. Look at wax reviews online and this wax is rated one of if not the highest.

@ Crock89 / WandersX : Haha that was soo much fun, I hit 115mph on that straight away after we did that u-turn. We deffinetly have to do that again :D That grandma was soo irritated that we sped by her, but some of the other neighbors were watching us in awe that literally Fast and the Furious was happening in their street. We should make a new movie, "Fortes and the Furious", furious being the other cars that tried to keep up with us like that Civic that failed miserably. Some other Accord later tried to rev his engine to me but I laughed mad hard because it sounded terrible, like there was no bass to it at all. I think my tires now are as bald as.. haha you know ;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'll second that NXT Gen Tech Wax 2.0. By far the best wax I ever used. Hopefully I'll get the time to wax mine before our Austin meet next weekend.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The wax is extremely easy to apply, it's a medium thick liquidy wax and smells great. It comes with a purple circular sponge that you use to apply the wax onto car. It also takes off the dirt and won't scratch your car at all. After you apply the wax to the car use a microfiber towel to wipe it down. Wax one part of the car at a time, it's a long process but it's very rewarding. After you're done waxing the car take another microfiber towel and wipe down the whole car to get any excess wax off. While wiping down the car the car should feel like glass. The wax won't show up on the rubber around the windows. The great thing about this wax is it's extremely easy to apply and buff off. Look at wax reviews online and this wax is rated one of if not the highest.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I'm going to give it a try!

Mind you, if it makes my car as red as yours I'll be really pissed, because my car is silver now... :D

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I'm going to give it a try!

Mind you, if it makes my car as red as yours I'll be really pissed, because my car is silver now... :D
Haha np man, let me know how the waxing goes!

As for your car turning red... Well my Forte Koup used to be silver ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Your koup looks amazing.. Almost makes me wanna change to a racing red :p It looks amazing :)

And thank you for this review on the wax. I have been looking around the forum for a good wax to use and this stood out to me. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your koup looks amazing.. Almost makes me wanna change to a racing red :p It looks amazing :)

And thank you for this review on the wax. I have been looking around the forum for a good wax to use and this stood out to me. Thanks!

Hey np about the info for the wax, if you have any questions feel free to ask me!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts