Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, have a 2017 Kia Forte LX.

So I had a guy behind me in the drive thru claim his foot came of the brake and bumped into me making a nice jolt. The sound it made had me dread getting out to see the damage, however to the naked eye, surprisingly there was none. We exchanged info, took pics and went on our way. I told him I was gonna go get it all checked out to make sure there wasn't any damage I can't see.

So here's the thing, now I'm realizing either I don't know my car or something is wrong electrical. There are some lights (at least I think they are lights) on the rear bottom lower bumper. Shamefully, I never knew if they are supposed to light up or not. I've had this car two years and never payed any attention to it and of course can't see my brake lights from the inside. The owners manual is useless for this as it's generic and not specified exactly to my car. Are these lower lights supposed to light up? This is my exact model car.

Also, my blinkers are acting weird, or is it me, lol, when I slightly push them up or down they blink a few times and go off. Again, shamefully I can't remember if they have always done this or they are now faulty because of the jolt and something electrical is damaged.

I'm gonna take it to a body shop tomorrow and have them inspect, but I guess I just wanted to know if my model has these lights and features ahead of time?

Thanks!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Not sure why you posted this question twice. But as I answered in the other thread you started everything is fine. The "lights" on the lower bumper are only reflectors and do not light up (in the US). And the turn signals are functioning properly. A slight press operates the "lane change" feature that flashed the lights 3 times and then turns off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure why you posted this question twice. But as I answered in the other thread you started everything is fine. The "lights" on the lower bumper are only reflectors and do not light up (in the US). And the turn signals are functioning properly. A slight press operates the "lane change" feature that flashed the lights 3 times and then turns off.
thank you! I appreciate your reply. I noted in the other thread that I mistakenly posted in the wrong model year. It wasn't on purpose. Thanks so much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts