Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a set of Lamin-x yellow overlays for the fog lights. I think it looks good. What are your impressions ?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Looks Great!
Was it any easy install?

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's really easy to install.

Just, wash the lens, duh... Light mist of water, apply the film, trim the borders and voila. Even if it's pre-cut, you will have do a little trimming around the edges.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Really like it. Think I'm adding this to my list and also possibly the yellow bulbs thy are in other posts. I love the yellow lens on white cars. Should look pretty good with my black sedan

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should look pretty good with my black sedan
I think so too.

Aidensgrand said:
Do you have a link to the store you bought them at? I want to do mine after I instal them
From Lamin-X them self. Lamin-x Protective Films - Protect with Style

Just be careful, in my order there was the films and a little squeegee( 0.95$ extra) and I only received the films. It's not a big thing but it doesn't look to professional when you forget to send 1 item on a 2 item order... my 2 cents.

But still a great product. I didn't measure it but the film look quite thick.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Fantastic, got an order in. Thank you much!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Do they have it for the koup? I can only find them for the sedan.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,906 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Darth, there's a seller on eBay that sells a 4 piece fog set (left and right fog lamps and left and right fog lamp covers) for around $150 after shipping. A lot of people buy them so he runs out sometimes but you just have to keep searching the listings every now and then.

Check out the DIY section of the forum for a guide on how to install the fog lamps.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Im fixing to put in an Order....only question is will the 6x12 film be enough? Anyone that has bought this...is it like a window tint...or is it like a sticker that u peel and stick on? Because Ive boughten some on Ebay...and it was a Sticker that was pre cut and yes they were perfect in size...just the sticker part would suck since onced you layed it down and it wasnt right you would have to rip it off which would pretty much rip the tint. Thanks guys...I know this was long but gotta get it out before I order ha...

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Alright guys and gals, so I have a 2010 Forte Koup and am trying to tint the fogs with the yellow lamin x, I first tried to do it with the fogs on the car and this was a bad idea cuz I scratched the black on the plastic around it a little, good thing its on the inside so you cant see it:) So to anyone who has done this how in the world did you do it, how do you take the fog lights out?

·
Registered
204 Posts
gotta go under the car, remove the splash guards on the tires, and you should see some screws I believe its 3 of them. Ive also heard people taking them out from the hood, but I would think going under is the best way....

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
We were selling the sets for the Koup on ebay for $20 and nobody bid. We've decided not to bother with ebay anymore. If you want them now, it's $25 shipped.

·
Registered
59 Posts
found this thread and hopefully it is not dead

i went to the website and they have the fogs listed for "2010 and up"

will that fit my 2012 koup? my fogs look different than the op's lights...i want to make sure before i make this purchase.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.