Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2015 Forte LX+
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I did my oil change today and I noticed a yellow liquid dripping from the metal casing where one of the belt pulley seems to be connected, next to the engine oil filter and the ?AC? hose.

Please see pictures.

Can anyone help me what the yellow liquid is, and from where it could be dripping from there? (after I wiped it, it didn't drip anymore while I worked on the car, so I guess it drips when the car engine is on, could it be AC refrigerant?)

Thank you

Attachments

· Registered
2022 gt2
1,021 Posts
It’s rare for an A/C system to leak oil without the system loosing pressure all together .. but... that does look like Nd oil (Kia use Nd oil?) have you had recent ac service? It may be residual from r&i work.. does your ac system work?

· Registered
2015 Forte LX+
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It’s rare for an A/C system to leak oil without the system loosing pressure all together .. but... that does look like Nd oil (Kia use Nd oil?) have you had recent ac service? It may be residual from r&i work.. does your ac system work?
Hi. Yes, AC works fine (actually I haven't tried on cold since it's winter, but I can try it out and confirm back, but when I turn it off it kills off moisture pretty good). Never had AC service. Only been doing my own oil change, last one being last January (I don't drive enough).

I found this: Bright yellow fluid leaking from car and they were mentioning it's from snow hitting the firewall, but last snow event was in December, and as it can be seen from the pictures, the drop was fresh. That would be one stubborn water drop to hang for about a month.

From what I could notice, the Coolant is green in the Kia Fortes 2nd gen correct? (never had the coolant serviced either). So I don't think it's a coolant leak either.

· Registered
2022 gt2
1,021 Posts
Hi. Yes, AC works fine (actually I haven't tried on cold since it's winter, but I can try it out and confirm back, but when I turn it off it kills off moisture pretty good). Never had AC service. Only been doing my own oil change, last one being last January (I don't drive enough).

I found this: Bright yellow fluid leaking from car and they were mentioning it's from snow hitting the firewall, but last snow event was in December, and as it can be seen from the pictures, the drop was fresh. That would be one stubborn water drop to hang for about a month.

From what I could notice, the Coolant is green in the Kia Fortes 2nd gen correct? (never had the coolant serviced either). So I don't think it's a coolant leak either.
AC compressor oil feels .... oily and Generally has a musty smell to it was f you hood it right up to your nose.. Antifreeze coolant I guess could appear yellow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts