Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock Hankooks are just about done at 36k. Anyone try the Yoko's? I'm less interested in performance, more interested in quiet commute and wet/dry/snow traction.....

·
Registered
140 Posts
Which Avid model are you looking at? I think there's more than a couple for the Forte. From some of the comments on these boards and user reviews online at tirerack and discount tire, the Continental ExtremeContact DWS is probably one of the best all season tires right now in terms of it's ability to handle light slush and snow and are very quiet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My wife and I both got the Continental Extremecontact DWS installed on our Forte SX sedans in the past coule of months and so far we have been very pleased with them, much better than the stock Goodyear Eagle LS. Snow and dry traction is good, we have not had rain yet to try them in and the wear warranty is 50K. I was going to order them site to store shipping on Walmart.com, but they were out of stock. Fortunately one of the local dealers had a $5 over cost sale so that is where I went.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
I also have the Continentals and they have been great in snow/slush and very quiet. They don't tear through hard packed snow or ice but they are all weathers so I can't complain.

Sorry I can't comment on the Yokos.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Continental ExtremeContact DWS vs. Yokohama Avid TRZ?
It looks like for $24 total more, I should go with the Continentals. Side by side comparison on TireRack pretty much says it all....

I'm moving to Connecticut, so snow traction is a very high priority for me.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the Avid Touring-S on my Grand Prix and was very happy with them. My Hankooks are terrible in snow and I would consider replacing them with the Yokohamas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts