Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm currently living in Singapore, and I'm actively looking to buy a Koup, but first I'd like to know more about it in terms of everyday driving, common issues, and most of all, mod friendliness hehehe

hope to learn a lot from here!

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Hey Mugen! I have a silver Koup SX and have had it for about 3 weeks and i should say that i really do love this car!! i think you're looking at a great, safe, economical car that can and prob will last you for a while. I haven't had any issues with my Koup yet but I'm bound to with these shitty roads on Long Island but it's a really fun car to drive with a decent amount of pickup and speed for a KIA. I haven't done any performance mods yet and don't know if I will, but I know that visual mods, as for most cars, are endless. I strongly recommend this car to anyone and good luck with your findings!!!!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Hello, had my car around 4 weeks.. so far love it..
I live on a moutain road 15 miles of switchbacks so I like to say its a great test drive for any car and the little Koup sx handles the road well some people here will disagree with my next sentence but I find the car hates pot holes and if there are potholes in the apex of a corner do beware!!! I've had that send my car alittle weird wants to throw the ass out but that only happened once. (and I was going fast on a tight corner)

the Koup does what you ask with little delay and no body roll the steering is crisp and easy..
the brakes work very well and are very sporty it'll stop from 60mph to 0 in less then 120 feet that was somebody else's test.. not me

anyway they do have a couple mods already out and I'm thinking in a few years there will be more fun things to come.
hope this helps you out ...

I'd say that I'm very glad I bought this car over others I could have bought and It's been a real pleasure to drive.. and to me thats the most important part

if your looking for a soft ride the sx is not for you.. but if you don't mind feeling some of the bumps in the road and want a car that handles well then the sx is your car.
if you buy a standard 5 or 6 speed you'll find that the car takes a bit of pratice to drive.. but after the first week or two you'll adjust to the clutch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!
I appreciate ur feedbacks
Here in singapore we only have the 1.6 and 2L engine, I already know I'll go for the 2L, and I was wondering about that rear suspension, but it looks like it's no problem :)
was counting on upgrading it later tho hahaha
I'll check out on the forum what's being done for the Koup too!

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mugen 101. We have many knowledgeable members here that will be able to offer good advice on your future mods when you decide to buy your Forte. Thanks for joining us here.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I've had my Koup since Nov. 2009 and it has been a blast. There hasn't been any issues whatsoever.
There's a Forte Forum based out of S'pore and there are some members that have some really sick looking rides.
You will have a field day with the mods available out your way!

Post some pics of your ride when you get it.

Welcome again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the greetings and the infos!
I appreciate! :)

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Welcome to the Forte community Mugen101!

If you enjoy sporty handling, the Koup is for you. Ultra Racing already offers great products to help further stiffen the body of the Koup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts