Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had this idea in the back of my mind of what I wanted to do to my black koup sx, and after looking at this car I'm pretty sure my mind is made up. Granted, the car in the pic is a lexus, i'm more less trying to nail down the "color" of my mods (pic at bottom of post). I have already removed the plastic caps on my rims, so the black rims have already been accomplished (for now) :D

My plan is to:
- debadge / replace front - rear - steering wheel - wheel badges with "k" badge (might leave "koup" on for a little bit to see if I like it)
- tint the windows 20% all the way around
- smoke out the headlights, tail-lights, mirrors side markers and rear reflectors with VINYL film (not that cheap ass spray shit!)
- yellow VINYL film over the fog lights,
- hid's for headlights
- bright yellow bulbs for the fogs
- carbon fiber oem hood (maybe hood pins?)
- turbo kits CAI (or aem if they hurry the f up)
- turbo kits cat back exhaust (or greddy if they hurry the f up)

FUTURE
- sx R front lip, side lips & spoiler lip
- custom sound system with dyno mat (i have noticed some small rattle already coming from my door with just the stock speakers... piss :/)
- turbo kit (after warranty has expired :p)
- better black rims, possibly motegi mr7's (the stock rims with inserts removed will suffice for now)
- better calipers n such after the new rims

WILL NOT
- lower car (lowered my last car - will never do again)

Check out this pic of the lexus with pretty much everything i want to do color wise, but their heads arn't smoked. Personally, the all black just kills it. The yellow fogs is a nice touch of color that isn't too distracting and matches black nicely. I think when i smoke my heads ill go with a lighter film than the tail-light smoke effect - i feel that being able to see in to the headlight housing a little bit is sexier than having it completely smoked out :D I can't wait to start with my mods! what do you guys think of my plan? (yes i know it's my car and it's ultimately up to me in what I do, I just want to know what you guys think!)

here's a link to the article with more pics of the lexus if you want to see more pics : i put in WORK Dressed in all black…

2,213 Posts
sounds good.....but you dont need the yellow lights when you have the yellow tint on the fogs. get them from headlightaromour.com they're thicker film and it gives it a nice yellow look. even tho you can barely see it with the HID's. You should also try leaving the "KOUP" and tinting that black also. that would look pretty cool too! just suggestions!

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never thought about blacking out the "koup" badge... i think it would look pretty slick.. thanks for the suggestion!

2,213 Posts
main_m did i write up on it, check it out, came out really good. black it out, but leave the K red, make it stand out a little. again, just suggestions

·
Registered
405 Posts
sounds good.....but you dont need the yellow lights when you have the yellow tint on the fogs.
In fact... yes.

Colored lenses and tint are filters that stops some color from the white light. If u use the same color than the filter, there is less to be filtered, so, more visible light. That's work for taillights too. Try a white light, versus a red one, and u'l see that the red one will be more visible than the white one.

BTW SXE, this will look sick ! Go !

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Hi sxe koup! I absolutely love where you're going with this but since you're asking for opinions and open for ideas, here's what I think:
1) I wouldn't smoke out the headlights. Keep 'em chrome for some definition.
2) IMO, the yellow fogs look outta place. These left as stock would look sweet with the chrome headlights on a black ride.
3) Instead of Motegi MR7's, perhaps some XXR 518's in matte black (see Jealouslover's car - looks sick).
I love the "R" package (have it on my SX-R) and love the carbon fiber hood, so long as it's tasteful with no HUGE cowlings or intakes. I totally agree with you on not lowering it. I omitted the lowering kit from my "R" package for the same reason (had a lowered car and hated it). Your list of debadging, tint, & performance mods are all rad & good choices in greddy and AEM. I've debadged & tinted mine too. Your car's gonna look so bad-ass & stealth- lol. Do it up and post pics dude:)

·
Registered
318 Posts
whats the reasons for not lowering the car?

·
Registered
318 Posts
i saw his thread already. im asking why wouldnt you want to do it again? i get that things can go wrong but did it give you a super harsh ride or what?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Maybe this will help you decide what you want to do. Keep in mind I have the Sedan headlight swap but otherwise this is what it would look like.

·
Registered
318 Posts
i would love to do the headlight swap! but unfortnatly nobody with the sedan wants to do it...

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
i saw his thread already. im asking why wouldnt you want to do it again? i get that things can go wrong but did it give you a super harsh ride or what?
Hazmat, I see that you're from Daytona Beach so a lowered car may be all good there but in Canada when you're driving through 1.5' of snow for 6 months a year it just isn't practical. I had a slammed Civic SiR before my Koup SX-R and I was always worried about damaging the car while plowing throw the snow in wintertime and paranoid about bottoming out on speed bumps and railroad crossings in summertime. Overall, it's just one more unnecessary thing to cause worries and unneeded stress on your ride IMO. And the SX already has a sport tuned suspension:D

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
whats the reasons for not lowering the car?
Easy. Last car I lowered gave me more issues than I could ever ask for (99 eclipse gst with 2" eibach drop all the way around).... always cautious pulling in/out steep inclines, always scraping, hellatious over speed bumps, not to mention the damage done to the suspension. After about 2 months it was the bumpiest ride ever, not to mention I blew my shocks about 3 times throughout the life of the car.

Now, I know there are proper ways to lower a car, and they go way beyond just putting on new springs or coil overs. I just didn't have the money to invest into my eclipse for the proper suspension from the get go, i more less wanted the slammed look. Anyone who wants to properly lower a car should look into replacing the whole sha-bang - springs, shocks, cambers, new strut bars etc.... its costly :/

The main reason being that I live in orlando florida where we get crazy rain with heavy down pours (which = huge puddles that can't always be seen driving at night), so if I DID lower it, the large amounts of rain + the CAI would be brutal if you get my drift.... I just bought this car, not trying to suck a few gallons into my engine just yet ;)

@WandersX what's the reason for the sedan headlight swap? blinker placement or something lol? overall I like the look, I can't wait to start building mine! I'm still not sure where I want to go with the smoking of the headlights / fog light color... AHHH decisions decisions :D

I REALLY WISH AEM and GREDDY would hurry up and release their mods for the koup! I MEAN, REALLY!

·
Registered
377 Posts
@ SXE If you notice the inside of the stock headlights of the sedan it is black instead of chrome. So you get a little extra black added to your look. Check out the headlight swap thread you can see before and afters from other cars. I used Vrinyl tint sheet. So If I decide I don't like it later I'll just take it off..

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@ SXE If you notice the inside of the stock headlights of the sedan it is black instead of chrome. So you get a little extra black added to your look. Check out the headlight swap thread you can see before and afters from other cars. I used Vrinyl tint sheet. So If I decide I don't like it later I'll just take it off..
wow, okay yeah I definitely see the difference.... it almost looks like they should come from the factory swapped (koup with black heads, sedan with chrome)

Hmmmmm, now I kinda want to do a headlight swap with my koup... any sedan'ers out there want to do a trade!? lol

·
Registered
318 Posts
Easy. Last car I lowered gave me more issues than I could ever ask for (99 eclipse gst with 2" eibach drop all the way around).... always cautious pulling in/out steep inclines, always scraping, hellatious over speed bumps, not to mention the damage done to the suspension. After about 2 months it was the bumpiest ride ever, not to mention I blew my shocks about 3 times throughout the life of the car.

Now, I know there are proper ways to lower a car, and they go way beyond just putting on new springs or coil overs. I just didn't have the money to invest into my eclipse for the proper suspension from the get go, i more less wanted the slammed look. Anyone who wants to properly lower a car should look into replacing the whole sha-bang - springs, shocks, cambers, new strut bars etc.... its costly :/

The main reason being that I live in orlando florida where we get crazy rain with heavy down pours (which = huge puddles that can't always be seen driving at night), so if I DID lower it, the large amounts of rain + the CAI would be brutal if you get my drift.... I just bought this car, not trying to suck a few gallons into my engine just yet ;)

@WandersX what's the reason for the sedan headlight swap? blinker placement or something lol? overall I like the look, I can't wait to start building mine! I'm still not sure where I want to go with the smoking of the headlights / fog light color... AHHH decisions decisions :D

I REALLY WISH AEM and GREDDY would hurry up and release their mods for the koup! I MEAN, REALLY!

i see. i understand the rain and puddles im in daytona and its the same lol. i know that when i plan to drop my car whenever that will be im ganna be ordering all the strut bars and roll bars to go with it....cost about 800-1000

·
Registered
444 Posts
I like your plan for the most part. My only recommendation. Is not to smoke the headlights. It looks cool, yes, but that's like putting sunglasses on your night vision... A little counter productive don't you think? The whole point of HID's is to get bighter lights and a different colour. I think tintin them would be a little silly. However, it is your car and I'm sure that whatever you do you will be pleased with the results and it will look pretty slick. Best of luck!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.