53 Posts
Is that yours?!?!

·
Registered
973 Posts
hahaha wha????!!!!!!!!!
damn!
I need this!
I never planned on twin turboing it though lol, can't even get my head around that...
I'll be happy running 8psi with a small turbo, i guess each turbo is "boosting" (adding air and methanol) to 2 cylinders, so it has less lag? idk how a parallel twin turbo setup works, and I'm guessing this isn't twin in series, because they both look like the same turbocharger, and I know series uses a small one and a big one, to spool earlier with the small turbo, while the larger turbo helps out the top end?
this chit is confusing but that looks amazing, and I wanna see some dyno numbers and a video!
if they've actually dropped this in a car (and theres plenty of room in the forte engine bay) then this is probably the first TT kia ever

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
doesn't look like the 2.0 engine...

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Yeah the dipstick isn't at the back of the engine in ours, it's in front beside the intake.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Didn't the Koup concept car came with twin-screw turbo>? or was it a supercharger? I will have to check it out. I know it was with the 2.0 engine but it was rated at 275+ hp if I am not mistaken

·
Registered
973 Posts
I think it was single turbo
maybe it was twincrolling or two-step or something, but I'm pretty sure it was single turbo. Wish it would've made it to production like that=]
they need to hurry up and come out with krd to support these cars, like trd does toyota=]

·
Registered
127 Posts
You are right! This is what it had:
Kia KOUP Concept had been premiered as new concept by Kia at the 2008 New York auto Show. Powered by a 2.0-liter Theta II turbocharged engine with a GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) twin scroll turbocharger, the Kia KOUP Concept may develops 290 hp and 289 lb-ft of torque between 2,000 rpm and 4,000 rpm.

·
Registered
973 Posts
You are right! This is what it had:
Kia KOUP Concept had been premiered as new concept by Kia at the 2008 New York auto Show. Powered by a 2.0-liter Theta II turbocharged engine with a GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) twin scroll turbocharger, the Kia KOUP Concept may develops 290 hp and 289 lb-ft of torque between 2,000 rpm and 4,000 rpm.
aaaah if only it wouldve been mass produced!! this would be so amazing! twin scrolling is amazing technology lol

·
Registered
973 Posts
did they put a tuscani engine in a koup or something? our turbo would go behind the block, I would think, this is in the front

plus throttle body looks to be in a slightly different place?
who knows, after translating the page with google, I'm more confused. lol

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
yup cant really get what they are trying to say lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts