Kia Forte Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are their any known cold air intakes for the new GT and it's 1.6L turbo? Also would that void the warranty?
Hey bro I have put a 3” k&n filter on the original intake an it sounds amazing an u can hear the blow off on the turbo release really loud !!!!! Any 3” filter will fit right on the oem intake hose !!!! Good luck am glad I could help !!!!!
Are their any known cold air intakes for the new GT and it's 1.6L turbo? Also would that void the warranty?

·
Registered
25 Posts
As long as it's carb legal it won't affect your warranty make sure you get the sticker that shows its carb legal from manufacturer of their unit. Good luck! Also IMHO you don't need cold air for the turbo I'm pretty sure you won't get alot if any performance that's noticeable but it'll look cool. True cold air cone needs to be as far from motor and hot spots to be true cold air as its just sucking hot air. Again good luck bro

·
Registered
1 Posts
Panda motorsports has a great one , I did the cold air intake , and the piggyback tuning mod on my 2020 gt , and they are great, if you want some more extra hp and torque I highly recommend getting the tuning mod with the intake. I pushed 226 hp on the Dino

·
Registered
6 Posts
Panda motorsports has a great one , I did the cold air intake , and the piggyback tuning mod on my 2020 gt , and they are great, if you want some more extra hp and torque I highly recommend getting the tuning mod with the intake. I pushed 226 hp on the Dino
Do either void warranty or mess up in not passing a smog?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have a Takeda intake also though I chose the dry filter instead of the oiled one. I noticed an improvement in the sound and throttle response of my car. Bought it from 4wheelonline.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
So which one of these would be Carb Legal in California?
Here's what I read on each of them:
Emissions Disclaimer:
This product is not currently CARB exempt and is not available for purchase in California or for use on any vehicle registered with the California Department of Motor Vehicles.

I'd suggest moving to another State...:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I dont understand what they are saying but they do show the GT with a name brand cold air intake getting air from the same lactation as stock. Looks like with less restrictions. Ill watch the video in detail after work. The GT sedan and the GT 5 will most likely be the same under the hood. The cost though may not be worth it to people. If anyone can translate that part that would be cool.

View attachment 79517
That is how it comes stock in South Korean's market. I know it looks aftermarket, but they said the intake comes that way from the factory because this is the GT.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think that's an aftermarket install. I watched a bunch of youtube videos on the K3 GT and none of them had that intake - just the stock one that is similar to ours.

TUON AFE INTAKE SYSTEM SET FOR KIA K3 / FORTE GT 2018-20 MNR (korea-motors.com)
Yes, it is an aftermarket intake, but the guys in the video said, when a buyer is ordering a car, he can choose to have a "sports package" which includes that aftermarket intake. Then, Kia will install it for you prior to delivery to the dealership. This is good because the warranty is still valid.

Since that intake is authorized by Kia, you can buy it to install if the car didn't come with the sports package initially.

I am wondering if we (people in US) install this intake, would our warranty still be valid?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Yes, it is an aftermarket intake, but the guys in the video said, when a buyer is ordering a car, he can choose to have a "sports package" which includes that aftermarket intake. Then, Kia will install it for you prior to delivery to the dealership. This is good because the warranty is still valid.

Since that intake is authorized by Kia, you can buy it to install if the car didn't come with the sports package initially.

I am wondering if we (people in US) install this intake, would our warranty still be valid?
The dealer always acknowledged that my warranty was good when I installed K&N intakes on my Fortes and Optimas. No reason to think the dealer would refuse warranty work because of a named aftermarket intake...unless, of course, the aftermarket intake caused the damage. Highly unlikely.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT Gravity Grey Manual 6spd Transmission
1 Posts
I dont understand what they are saying but they do show the GT with a name brand cold air intake getting air from the same lactation as stock. Looks like with less restrictions. Ill watch the video in detail after work. The GT sedan and the GT 5 will most likely be the same under the hood. The cost though may not be worth it to people. If anyone can translate that part that would be cool.

View attachment 79517
I think that’s an aFe Momentum CAI if I’m not mistaken. But I could be wrong

21 - 37 of 37 Posts